The hiring combines with other recent executive hires to propel the company beyond the 200-employee mark for the first time, driven by massive demand from Fortune 500 and cloud customers looking to dramatically increase the speed and quality of decision-making.
Among the additional new executive appointments at Sigma is Chief Demand Creation Shilpa Narwad, formerly of The GoogleAnd the spectatordead RingCentral And intuit. Partner Head + Field Marketing Risa Peterson, who previously worked at ThoughtSpotNimble Storage (an HP Inc.), then Compudyne (now Integris); Chief Information Security Rahul Gupta, whose previous experience includes netscope And KPMG; Engineering Director Rohini Patel, whose professional history recently includes a dead, github and eBay; and Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture Prashant Soral, who came to Sigma after founding and serving MineralTree for more than 12 years.
The appointments come as the company is experiencing explosive growth after announcing a $300 million Series C funding round in December. The following quarter, Sigma added 70 new customers, including US Foods and Cowen, Inc. and Blackstone, Athenahealth, Crossfit, and AIG. Over the past year, Sigma has grown by 350% and now has over 300 clients.
Recent Industry Awards include:
- Awarded Best Program of the Year 2022 by G2, ranking 9th in the list of popular Analytics & AI products;
- Featured in A16Z’s Data50 list of the World’s Best Emerging Data Companies in the Business Intelligence & Laptops category;
- San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Ranked Top 10 in its category;
- Recognized as one of the best workplaces for 2022 Inc.
Sigma also continues to set the pace for innovation in cloud analytics and business intelligence by delivering every aspect of the data-to-insights journey with speed, simplicity, and collaboration. The company’s latest product improvements include:
- Application Programming Interfaces (API): A library of REST APIs that allow Sigma integration and automation in business;
- Dynamic Text Elements: allow customers to add formulas to text elements to create data-rich stories using live data;
- Guest Users: Expands the Sigma experience for our customers;
- data ratios: a visible “map” of the workbook; Shows dependencies between schemas and data sources;
- CSV uploads to PostgreSQL, export support to S3 and significant improvements in performance/speed and repository cost.
“Brian Murphy brings to Sigma a deep understanding of how to grow and expand revenue for cloud innovators serving today’s largest organizations,” said Mike Palmer, CEO of Sigma. “As a forward-looking leader with a clear strategic vision, Brian will be instrumental in helping us take Sigma to the next stage as we continue to experience tremendous momentum in the face of significant customer demand.”
Mr. Murphy comes to Sigma after serving identity and access management provider Okta for six years in various sales leadership roles, culminating with Senior Vice President, Enterprise Sales, Americas. Previously, he served as Vice President of Area at Alpine Data Labs, which was later acquired by Tibco, and as Director of Sales at Hadapt before it was acquired by Teradata. Additional expertise includes Vertica Systems (acquired by HP), Salesforce and Cognos (acquired by IBM).
“I joined Sigma because I was immediately drawn to the leadership and talent behind the incredibly innovative solutions that are currently driving the company’s growth,” said Brian Murphy, newly appointed Sigma Head of Revenue. “The cloud analytics and business intelligence market is booming, and I believe Sigma, with its easy-to-use, easy-to-use technology, is uniquely positioned to help the first innovators in the cloud, and the Fortune 500s to become both the data-driven powerhouses that will reshape the shape of business tomorrow.”
Sigma continues to expand its presence to support its growing customer base. The company recently moved to an expanded headquarters in San Francisco in May 2021.