Saturday will be hot (as in 90+ in and around the South), but if you can brave the sweltering heat, there is plenty to see and do.
Below you’ll find our three top picks for today (May 14) in Los Angeles, followed by a list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Whatever you end up doing, even if you’re just sitting on your couch and fanning the AC, I hope you enjoy your day!
Things to do on Saturday
forest of trees -> All-new experience by artist Glenn Kaino (Art Producer for in & of itself on Broadway) is now open at Ace Mission Studios near DTLA. forest of trees It prompts visitors to rethink their relationship to the natural world by immersing them in a surreal woodland environment built on 28,000 square feet of warehouse space. Check out moving decapitations, illusions of fire, and a dazzling light performance based on the re-creation of a 144-year-old fig tree that once stood on Olvera Street. Adult tickets (non-peak hours) start at $20 per person during peak hours, and go for $30 during peak hours. It runs from Wednesday to Sunday until the end of summer. Get more information here.
Arts Festival Downtown Burbank -> A huge sellers market has taken over downtown Burbank today and tomorrow on San Fernando Boulevard. in Burbank. Expect around 150 independent vendors on hand offering curated merchandise including original fashion design, jewelry, paper goods, innovative home décor, homeware, art, photography, food and more that are free to attend. More information here.
Getty 25 celebrates Englewood -> Saturday and Sunday Getty 25 The chain is coming to Inglewood City Hall for two days of art activities, live music, workshops, and food purveyors, all in an effort to spotlight local artists and cultural innovators. Free to attend. See the full schedule for both days here.
Seven more things to do in Los Angeles today
- Street Food Cinemas is coming to the Autry Museum in Griffith Park today for its 35th anniversary dirty dance, as well as a special guest appearance by Bebe herself, Jennifer Gray. General admission tickets for advance purchase start at $19. More information here.
- Propel Fitness Water offers Free fitness classes At the Grand Park every Saturday in May to celebrate the joy of Workout Out.
- Corey Helford Gallery Tonight kicks off a new group exhibition with an opening reception for I don’t want to be like that, an international touring exhibition sponsored by the Ink and Movement which examines the concept of identity through selected works from a list of Spanish and Argentine artists. A new solo exhibition by artists Kai and Sunny from London, titled ., will also debut for the first time future seasons.
- Joinedn sheep clothes Today is noon for an afternoon full of tunes and an exclusive coffee tasting. Produced with help from oat milk brand Minor Figures, the beans (selected by Metric) from Ethiopia, Colombia and Peru will be part of the product line as well as espresso drinks. tickets It costs $20 and includes a bag of limited-edition single-origin coffee beans.
- RuPaul’s DragCon It continues at the Los Angeles Convention Center through Sunday.
- Ongoing We rise 2022 Chain has multiple community today’s eventsincluding AAPI Heritage Month Festival at Eagle Rocka Photo gallery and wellness workshops In South Los Angeles, the Arts and Wellness Village in Long Beach.
- Learn the basics of composting and get hands-on training in today’s workshop led by LA compost. Saturday event at Cottonwood Urban Farm in Panorama City is free to attend RSVP.
Want to get the best things to do in Los Angeles sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who have signed up for our twice-weekly email newsletter!